It is very common for teens and even kids to have problems with their oral cavity. Although it’s common, it doesn’t mean that it can be ignored. Leaving oral cavity problems untreated can greatly affect the way they look. By seeing an orthodontist Spokane at the recommended age, these problems can be treated. The best part is that future problems can be avoided.
Here are some reasons why kids should regularly see an orthodontist:
- It is very uncomfortable to experience teeth and jaw problems.
- Oral cavity problems can hinder normal eating and talking.
- Bite abnormalities can lead to more problems like worn down teeth.
- Kids with crooked teeth can have difficulties cleaning their teeth, hence, leading to other problems like gingivitis and tooth decay.
- Underlying bone structures can also be affected if present problems are ignored.
- Even jaw problems are highly possible if present problems are left untreated.
For parents who have no idea on how to tell if a problem is arising, the following information mentioned below will help you out:
- Problems affecting the milk teeth. These can include the milk teeth decaying earlier than expected. Moreover, milk teeth not falling off on time may also signify a problem.
- The child has problems with the way he eats his foods.
- The child needs to open his mouth just to breath.
- The child does finger sucking, lip sucking or thumb sucking.
- Jaws and teeth are disproportional.
The American Association of Orthodontists has recommended that kids should see an orthodontist Spokane at an early age (preferably 7) due to various reasons. The oral cavity including the jaw of a child is still on the developmental process. As it continues to develop, it’s vital to guide it accordingly.
Teeth sucking may be easy to treat considering that it’s done at an early age. In the case of protruding jaws and teeth, it’s important to treat them right away. Otherwise, it gets painful in the long run and the condition can be detrimental not only to the oral cavity but to the general health of the person. Treating them immediately can shun future problems.
Time and money are also saved when early treatment is attained. Just like undergoing other medical treatments, severe cases require more expensive fees. Severe oral cavity problems may need surgical orthodontic procedures and obviously, these are procedures which have exorbitant fees.
Of course, it’s very important to take your child to an elite orthodontist Spokane. You can ask for referrals from your friends and relatives or you can also ask your family dentist. The duration of treatment methods cannot be determined unless the orthodontist has fully assessed the condition of the oral cavity. Before anything else, this dentist must acquire the patient’s past medical history, perform diagnostic tests like imaging and x-ray and create a treatment plan before a procedure is being implemented. Finally, parents must keep in mind that follow up checkups are imperative. These checkups will make the orthodontist check for progress. Should there be any modification required; the orthodontist does it on follow up checkups.