An orthodontist Spokane plays a vital role in the society. For aesthetic reasons, he is capable of improving the smile of everyone. For those with oral cavity problems, this dental professional can straighten misaligned teeth using devices that they prescribe.
There are different orthodontic procedures today. With technology continuing to advance, these procedures don’t only increase in number; they get to be performed faster and more convenient both to the patient and the dentist as well. But the instructions given by the orthodontist after the procedure are sometimes not followed through by patients, causing the treatment duration to get longer.
In order for the treatment process to attain the best results, it’s extremely essential for patients to follow the instructions.
Braces on teeth create more nooks and crannies where food can accumulate. If left unattended, it can lead to other issues like gum problems and tooth decay. That’s why the patient should coordinate with the orthodontist Spokane by carefully following what has been instructed. Wearing braces makes flossing and brushing more significant. You need to keep in mind that the devices should be handled with care whenever you’re brushing and flossing. Otherwise, these things will break.
In terms of brushing, you need to do it right after every meal and before you hit the bed. To fight cavities, it’s best to use toothpaste which has a considerable amount of fluoride. Your orthodontist can prescribe one for you if you have specific needs.
Brushing Your Teeth
- When brushing your teeth, you can start at the outer portion of your teeth for at least ten times.
- Do the same thing at the inner portion.
- Do a rolling motion when brushing the area where your teeth and gums meet.
- The last part to be brushed would be the teeth’s cleaning surfaces.
- Don’t forget to rinse with clean water
Flossing Your Teeth
Brushing alone won’t suffice even for those without any braces since there are areas where your toothbrush can’t reach. To compensate this case, flossing should be done regularly. If you have braces, your orthodontist Spokane can prescribe the suitable floss threader for you.
- To floss your teeth without damaging your braces, make sure to floss through the threader and slip it behind the archwire.
- Pull your floss between your two teeth and up below the gum margins.
- Make sure to rinse your teeth with a huge amount of clean water.
Your orthodontist might prescribe the kind of mouthwash which contains nutrients to prevent the formation of cavities. Use your mouthwash twice a day and rinse your mouth for at least two minutes.
Tips in Eating
There are certain foods which you should avoid while wearing braces. Therefore, maintenance takes a little bit of lifestyle modifications. Your orthodontist Spokane would highly recommend you to avoid sticky, hard, sweet and crunchy foods as these may cause damage to your braces.